Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Date to Remember?: Chapter 6 - The Birthday Special


Two special events to celebrate Shin Hye’s birthday will happen today (18 February 2012). First her fan meeting and second the birthday special that MBC Music will air showing the dating game, birthday surprise and her date with Yong Hwa.



For the first part of her fan meeting, Shin Hye went to the stage and let her fans asked her some questions. After that, she asked her manager to bring her special guests… her two dogs, Bongji and Nori.

You(The Reader) and the other MBC staffs are there too as they will have another surprise for Shin Hye.
You(The Reader) POV: Her dogs as her special guests? That’s a very safe one. No antis will react.
(A/N:  I will used Starlight Angels for Shin Hye’s fans)

Then they show video greetings from Geun Suk, Um Tae Woong, and Hong Ki with his fellow FT Island band mates. When it was Yong Hwa’s greeting, Shin Hye and her fans all laugh with his video greeting.

(source: Jung Yong Hwa's Birthday Message for Shin Hye)

Hello! This is Jung Yong Hwa.

(Shin Hye/fans: Wow~ what's in the background? haha)

What day is Feb. 18th?

(Shin Hye's fans: Shin Hye's Birthday~^^;

Yes--It's Miss Park Shin Hye's birthday.

Ah, I really want to be there and um, congratulate with you together but since I heard she's having a birthday party with many of her fans now, I'm relieved. I'll also send my wishes from here. (clap clap)

Yeah. and also, (turns around, sees and laughs at the wall, filled with Andy Warhol-esque pop art pictures of his own face) Shin Hye's really cheerful and a friend who helps me out a lot. I'm sorry I can't be there to congratulate you, Shin Hye-ah (little mumbled).

And, um...eat a lot of your birthday cake. (fans: hahahaha) Also, I'd like you to keep progressing much more.

(fans: hahahaha-perhaps they connnected "eating cake" and "progressing/growing up" as correlated events^^;

And please keep helping me, too.^^

Have fun, and happy birthday! (clap clap)

CR. sd (@heich_)
Shin Hye’s POV: He really prepare for this greeting. Did he do this in Japan?
You(Reader)'s POV: Yong Hwa is really so funny. He’ll do anything just to see her smile.

Then after that Shin Hye played the guitar while playing the song that she wrote. The melody was done by her brother.

You are seen.
Do you see me?
I wanted to go one step, but I can't do so.

I hesitated for a long time like a fool.
I'm such an unusual person to do that.
Am I okay? Eeek~
Will it be told?
Now, I will tell the words that I haven't told you.
I'll be courageous step by step even though I'm not perfect.

Thank you.
I receive the present,happiness, due to smiling you with me all the time.
Shall we be together?
Will you hold my hand if you think the same as mine.

There had been lots of misunderstandings between you and me.
We had left scars in the hearts.
We had pains in the invisible emotions each other.

I have the words to tell you carefully.
A word in my deep heart.
I'll be courageous step by step even though I'm a little shy.

Sorry.
I weep tears of gratitude due to protecting me with me all the time.
Please be with me.
I do need you.
You are really precious.

cr : from Shinhye (Official Fanclub 별빛천사)
Translate : Shinhye.net

Shin Hye: This is song is all for you. Kamsahamnida, for all your support.
You(The Reader)'s POV: How sweet of her do that. It’s her birthday and yet she’s the one who prepare something for them.
After that they brought the birthday cake on the stage and sing happy birthday to her. Shin Hye was so happy to celebrate her special day with her fans. Shin Hye was about to say her goodbye to her fans when suddenly You(The Reader) approached her and whispers something to her.

Shin Hye: MBC Music staffs are here and they have a surprise for all of you. They will be giving some MBC Music items. Also, as you all know they have prepared a birthday special for me. And as a treat to all of you they will be showing it here now. So, please stay on your seats. In a few minutes the special will start.

Shin Hye sit together with her manager, stylist, 4Him entertainment people and the MBC Music staffs.

The light were dim, a signed that the special is about to start.


The Birthday Special

Part 1 - All about Shin Hye (10 minutes)

They show some photo of Shin Hye and a brief story about her life.

Part 2 - Valentine’s Day Dating Game (15 minutes)

The preparation of Geun Suk, Hong Ki and Yong Hwa. They were staying in a room so Shin Hye won’t see them.

The caption on the monitor shows “Who will win her heart? Tae-Kyung, Jeremy or Shin Woo?”

The Conversation of Shin Hye and Hee Chul.

The actual dating game.

Part 3 - Birthday Surprise for Shin Hye. (15 minutes)

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa left the studio and went straight to Seoul Park Hyatt Hotel.

The surprise at the Timber Lake

The guests having dinner.

The performances of FT Island and CN Blue.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa before entering their room.

Starlight Angel 1:  I wonder how will their date be?

Part 4 - The Date

The fans got excited when the screen shows that they’ll be showing the dating game.
Shin Hye’s POV: Omo! It’s the date scenes now. I hope they won’t show those moments.
You(The Reader)'s POV: This is it. Don’t worry Shin Hye.
Shin Hye and Yong Hwa preparing for their date.

Their lunch at Cornerstone

Yong Hwa opens the car door for Shin Hye and smiles at the fans waiting for them

Starlight Angel 2:  Yong Hwa is so gentleman.

Starlight Angel 3: Where will they be going?

Starlight Angel 4: He said they will go to an amusement park.


He stops the car in front of Cineplus and they enter.

Fans saw how Yong Hwa protected Shin Hye from the fans who are trying to take their photos.

They enter the Cinema Suite Theatre

Starlight Angel 5: Omo! He reserved the whole theatre just for the two of them.

Starlight Angel 6: That’s so sweet and romantic.

The film title and some scene of My Best Friends Wedding were shown.  Some moments of Shin Hye and Yong Hwa while watching was seen also. (A/N: This videos are taken from Camera Man 1)
Shin Hye’s POV: They didn’t capture it when Yong hold my hand.
You(The Reader)'s POV: Hyung didn’t capture that moment?
They show the car that Yong Hwa is driving is heading to a familiar place to Shin Hye’s fans.

Starlight Angel 7:  Isn’t this Han River? I thought he’ll bring Shin Hye to Botanical Garden?

They show the beautiful place of Han River where Yong Hwa brought Shin Hye


Shin Hye: Omo! Yong, this is beautiful.

Yong Hwa: Chincha?

Shin Hye: Ne. So what are we going to do here?

Yong Hwa: What do you think? (He smile at her mischievously)

Shin Hye: Don’t tell me we’re going for a bicycle ride.

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Shin Hye: Chincha? You should have told me so I could ask my Oppa to bring my bike.

Yong Hwa: You really want to ride your bike here?

Shin Hye: Ne. But I know that’s not possible so any bike will do. (She pouts)

Yong Hwa: If it’s fine with you then I’ll call now someone to bring our bike here.

Yong Hwa call someone while Shin Hye walk and enjoy the view.

Shin Hye: Yong, if we can’t find a bike we can just walk instead. (She said while looking at the view)

Yong Hwa who was supposed to be standing behind her didn’t answer.

Shin Hye: Yong? (She looked behind her) Omo!

She saw Yong Hwa holding her bike while walking towards her.

Starlight Angel 8: It’s Shin Hye’s bike. How did he manage to bring her bike?

Yong Hwa: I saw this bike there. I think the owner won’t be using it so I borrow it for a while. Do you think the owner will allow me to ride this beautiful bike?

Shin Hye: Hmmm… (She smiled and looks at him like she was unsure)

Yong Hwa: What?

Shin Hye: I think it depends if you’ll just ride it alone.

Yong Hwa: But I won’t ride it alone. There’s a beautiful lady that will seat here so I can show her my other surprise.

Shin Hye: Yah! (She blushed feeling embarrass when he mentioned beautiful lady)

Yong Hwa: Wae-yo? You don’t like it.

Shin Hye: Aniyo. (She’s smiling but suddenly stopped and looks at him)

Yong Hwa: Wae-yo?

Shin Hye: Yong, how will I sit there? It will be very uncomfortable.

Yong Hwa: Oh! Don’t worry; I’ll put this. (He show her the same green frog cushion that they used in Heartstrings)



Starlight Angel 9: The same frog cushion of Lee Shin in Heartstrings.

Shin Hye: You still have that? (She laughed)

Yong Hwa: Ne. I was the one who asked them to get this. After our shoot, they gave it to me. Just what I thought it will be useful again. Though you will still feel a bit uncomfortable, but at least it’s not slippery.

Shin Hye: Its fine Yong. I just can’t believe it.

Yong Hwa: That your bike is here?

Shin Hye: Aniyo. I can’t believe that for the first time I will ride my bike but I won’t pedal it.

Yong Hwa: Well, there’s always a first time right?

Shin Hye: Ne.

Yong Hwa: Gaja!


Yong Hwa stop the bike at Island Park of Seonyudo

Starlight Angel 10: Why did he bring Shin Hye there?

They show them walking and looking at the whole park.

Yong Hwa smile and then holds Shin Hye’s hand.

Shin Hye: Wae-yo?

Yong Hwa: Gaja, let’s go that way.


Shin Hye: What are we going to do there?

Yong Hwa: You’ll see when we reach the other end.


Starlight Angel 11: This view is beautiful. I guess that’s the reason why he bring Shin Hye there.

Yong Hwa: You like it?

Shin Hye: Ne. It’s beautiful. (She closed her eyes and feels the fresh air) Yong, how did you know this place?

He didn’t answer. When she looked at her side he was no longer there. She was about to look behind her when suddenly she felt someone tickling her feet. She’s so happy when she saw her puppies.


Starlight Angel 12: Bongji and Nori!

Starlight Angel 13: First her bike, now her dogs. I didn’t expext Yong Hwa will make this effort for Shin Hye.

Shin Hye: Omo! Bongji… Nori! What are you doing here?

Yong Hwa: They want to see the date of their Umma. (He was holding their leash as he approach them)

Shin Hye: Yong, how did you managed to bring them here?

Yong Hwa: I asked help from a very nice Hyung. 

Shin Hye: Jun Oppa?

Yong Hwa: I asked Hyung Jun to bring them here.

Shin Hye: Does it mean my bike…

Yong Hwa: Ne. I also asked him to bring it there.

Shin Hye then look at him.

Yong Hwa: What’s wrong Shin Hye? You don’t like it?

Shin Hye didn’t reply. Instead she moves closer to him and pinch to his cheeks.



Shin Hye: Gomawo Yong. This is much better than walking at the Botanical Garden.

Yong Hwa: I’m glad you like it.

They stay there and played with Shin Hye’s dogs.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa back at the parking area looking at the view.

Shin Hye’s POV: They didn’t include the part when we are walking and holding hands. (She looked at You(The Reader) When you saw her, she smiles at Shin Hye) How nice of them to do that.
Starlight Angel 14: How did they get back there? Where are Shin Hye’s bike and her dogs?

The car stop in front of Ediya Coffee


Shin Hye: Ediya Coffee?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Shin Hye: Isn’t this the coffee shop we shoot in Heartstrings?

Yong Hwa: Ne. (He winks) Gaja!

Starlight Angel 15: Another Lee Shin and Kyu Won place.

Yong Hwa takes their order… two Café Americano and cheesecakes. Shin Hye wants to sit somewhere that people won’t really see them but Yong Hwa leads her to the same spot that they sit during their Heartstrings shoot.


Starlight Angel 16: They even sit at the same exact place.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa are enjoying their coffee and cheesecakes when suddenly the coffee shop staff put three chairs on the empty space besides them.

Shin Hye: What are these seats for?

Yong Hwa: I don’t know.

Then they heard a strum of the guitar.  

Shin Hye: Who’s playing the guitar? Yong?

Yong Hwa: Mwo? Don’t look at me like that. (He avoids eye contact with her)

Shin Hye: Are you sure?

Before he could answer, the sound of the guitar became louder and soon the guy playing the guitar came with two other guys.


Starlight Angel 17: CN Blue!!!

Shin Hye: Jong Hyun? Min Hyuk? Jung Shin? What are you doing here?

Jong Hyun: Well… (He looks at Yong Hwa) Let’s just say we want to be part of this special event.

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Jung Shin: This is the first date of our leader and fifth member.

Min Hyuk: And we wouldn’t miss the chance to witness and be part of this date.

Shin Hye: Chincha?!

Jong Hyun/Min Hyuk/Jung Shin: Ne!

Shin Hye: Jung Yong Hwa-ssi…

Yong Hwa: De?!

Shin Hye: Are you sure you don’t know this?

Yong Hwa: Araso. I told them to sing for us during our date. But other than I don’t know what they will be doing. Even the song that they will sing I don’t know.

Shin Hye: Chincha?

Min Hyuk: Noona, Hyung only knew that we’ll sing on your date.

Jong Hyun: He doesn’t know our repertoire.

Shin Hye: Mwo? You mean it’s not only one song.

Jung Shin: Ne, each of us prepared something. I didn’t bring my bass guitar. I’ll use this tambourine instead.

They show  bits of the performances of Min Hyuk, Jung Shin and Jong Hyun

Starlight Angel 18: How sweet of them to prepare this?

Starlight Angel 19: Yong Hwa will not sing for her?

Jong Hyun: Hyung, that will be our last song.

Jung Shin: Shin Hye Noona, I hope you like our special songs for you.

Min Hyuk: Noona, this is not only for your date but also for your birthday.

Shin Hye: Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk, Jung Shin Gomawo. (She bow head) I really enjoy the songs. 

Min Hyuk: Anything for you Noona.

Jong Hyun: We’ll be leaving now.

Jung Shin: Enjoy the rest of your date.

Min Hyuk/Jong Hyun/Jung Shin: Annyeong.

Shin Hye: Annyeong.

Yong Hwa: Annyeong. (He approach and hugs them) Gomawo for doing this. 

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, this is my last surprise for you.

Shin Hye: Chincha?!

Yong Hwa: Ne. So, the next agenda now is I’ll bring you to your home. Are you ready now?

Shin Hye: Ne.

Starlight Angel 20: That’s it?!

They were in front of Shin Hye’s House

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, did you enjoy our date?

Shin Hye: Ne. Gomawo Yong for all the preparation.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah…

Shin Hye: Deh?

Yong Hwa: Are you ready for the last part of our date?

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Yong Hwa: Have you forgotten what I’ve said during the dating game?

Shin Hye: Oh! The reason why you’ll get my number after our date. 

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Shin Hye: So what is it?

Yong Hwa: Jamkkan Manyo. (He took out his phone from his pocket and sent a message to Shin Hye)

Yong Hwa’s Message: Shin Hye-ah, can Lee Shin give Kyu Won a good night kiss?

Shin Hye: Mwo?! (She looked at him after reading his message) Chincha?

Yong Hwa nods. Shin Hye smiled and response to his message.

Shin Hye’s Message: Ne, Lee Shin.

Yong Hwa smiled.


Starlight Angel 21: Omo! That kiss is so sweet.

Starlight Angel 22: So, that’s the reason why he asked for her number.

Yong Hwa: Anyonghijumuseyo!

Shin Hye: Anyonghijumuseyo. And take care on your way home.

They thought that was the end of the special but suddenly something appears on the screen

“Is that really the last surprise of Yong Hwa?”


All photos, videos and lyrics used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment